Registration & Membership
The requirements for certification for individuals providing counseling services in alcohol and other drug (AOD) recovery and treatment programs are found in the California Code of Regulations (CCR), Title 9, Division 4, Chapter 8.
- Within six (6) months of the date of hire, all non-licensed or non-certified individuals providing counseling services in an AOD program must be registered to obtain certification as an AOD counselor by one of the approved certifying organizations (CCR, Section 13035(f)).
- Registrants are required to complete certification as an AOD counselor within five years from the date of registration (CCR, Section 13035(f)(1)).
- Certified individuals are required to provide documentation of completion of a minimum of forty (40) hours of continuing education and payment of a renewal fee to their certifying organization in order to renew their AOD certification during each two-year period (CCR, Section 13050(l)). (http://www.adp.ca.gov/Licensing/LCBhome.shtml)
Registering with CAADE fulfills the state requirements. All registrations are valid for one year, and can be renewed annually.
- Student Registration
- Student Registration is available to all individuals currently enrolled in a CAADE Certificate Program at a CAADE College.
- CAADE Student Registration Form
- Copy of your college transcripts
- CATC Intern Registration
- CATC Intern Registration is available to all individuals who have passed the CATC exam but are not yet certified.
- CAADE Individual Registration Form
- Institutional/Organizational Membership
- Institutional/Organizational Membership is available to CAADE Communuty colleges and treatment facilities. The group rate provides a significant savings over individual rates and identifies a college or treatment facility as part of the growing CAADE Community.
- $200 for up to 5 individuals.
- $400 for up to 10 individuals.
- $600 for up to 15 individuals.
- $800 for up to 20 individuals
- CAADE Institutional/Organization Registration Form
- CAADE Membership is available to individuals who wish to join the CAADE Community but do not intend to become a Certified Addictions Treatment Counselor.
- $30 for Students – Please include proof of student status
- $78 for Individuals not currently enrolled in a CAADE AOD Program.
- CAADE Membership Form