Extension Of Registration
The Department of Health Care Services Counselor Certification Regulations Section 13035, item (f) state,
“Registrants shall complete certification as an AOD counselor within five (5) years of the initial date of registration with any certifying organization",
and that CAADE
“may allow up to two (2) years additional time from the initial registration date for a leave of absence due to medical problems or other hardships…”.
Extensions are granted based on the following criteria:
- The applicant has begun their AOD specific education at a CAADE accredited/approved school within their initial five year registration period.
- The applicant is within their fifth year of registration.
- The applicant has not been able to complete the certification process due to some type of personal hardship.
- The applicant would be able to complete the certification requirements within the time allotted if granted an extension.
- If the registration is expired or will be within the next 90 days, it must be renewed at this time by submitting the proper registration form and fee.
*IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY*
- The extension fee is non-refundable whether the request is approved or denied.
- Extensions are not processed until all required documents have been submitted with the correct information and fees have been paid in full.
- Extensions are granted in 6 month increments at the discretion of CAADE.