CATC Exam Application and Approval Procedure
Certified Addictions Treatment Counselor CBT Exam
CAADE is proud to offer Computer-Based Testing for the CATC Exam at nearly 80 locations in California and in many locations throughout the United States. If you have earned your certificate from a CAADE approved college program (or equivalent as approved by the Certification Chair), you are eligible to take the CATC exam. Passing this exam does not equate to being certified. Please look at the certification area which discusses all that is required for obtaining an CATC Certification.
CATC Exam procedure beginning January 1st, 2014:
- Send in your Application/Approval form and required documents (see form link below).
- When you are deemed eligible to take the CATC exam, CAADE will email and/or phone with the contact information for Comira, the company that facilitates our testiing.
- The fee for the exam is $135 as of January 1, 2014 for CAADE registrants/members. DO NOT send this fee with your Exam Application. Comira will collect the testing fee.
- Non-members pay an additional $100 non-member exam fee. This payment must be submitted with the CATC Exam Application (payable to CAADE).
- Call Comira to arrange a date, time, and location for your exam and pay the exam fee.
- Comira accepts credit cards and money orders (payment by money order will delay your exam testing date).
In the event a candidate does not pass the exam:
- A 30 day waiting period is required before a retake may be attempted.
- A new application is not needed to retake the exam. Your exam approval lasts for one year.
- After 30 days, simply call Comira and set another appointment to test.
Please allow 4 weeks for processing of your (CATC-i) intern certificate.