CAADE Colleges and Universities in CA, AZ, NV


The colleges and universities below have full or partial Alcohol and Drug Studies programs. Only regionally accredited colleges that meet the requirements outlined in the Guidelines for Alcohol and Drug Studies in Higher Education (a minimum of 36 units) receive full accreditation from CAADE. Students who complete CAADE accredited college or university programs may apply for the CATC I or higher, depending on level of education. CAADE accredited community college Alcohol and Drug Studies programs are Chancellor approved and offer financial aid as well as low tuition rates. For a list of non-accredited schools that may qualify students for the basic CATC credential, click here: CAADE's Career Track

CAADE Community Colleges

Allan Hancock College (Santa Maria)

Butte College

California Community College MapCabrillo College
City College of San Francisco
College of San Mateo
College of the Desert (Palm Springs)

College of the Redwoods
Cuesta College
Cypress College (Cypress)
Diablo Valley College (Pleasant Hill)
Fresno City College
Glendale College
Imperial Valley College
Lake Tahoe Community College

Long Beach City College

Los Angeles City College
Los Angeles Southwest College

Modesto Junior College
Mt. San Antonio College (Walnut) (Alcohol/Drug Counselor)
Oxnard College
Palomar College
Palo Verde College

Rio Hondo College (Whittier)

Saddleback College (Mission Viejo)
San Bernardino Valley College
San Diego City College
Santa Barbara City College
Santa Rosa Jr. College
Southwest College (Los Angeles)
West LA College


University Bachelor's and Master's Degree Programs

Antioch University of Los Angeles
California State University Fullerton
Grand Canyon Univerity (GCU)

Ottawa University (Bachelor of Science in Addiction Counseling AZ/KS)

Ottawa Univeristy (Master of Arts in Addiction Counseling)

Partial Programs

(Each college listed below currently offers one or more courses, but does NOT, at this time, meet the requirement for full CAADE accreditation.) Students in these programs do not receive certificates of completion and may not sit for the CAADE exam until minimum education requirements are met a minimum of 315 education hours, or other than fully accredited college coursework, (approximately 21 semester units). For more information contact the CAADE office at 707-722-2331 or

Folsom Lake College





Updated on 10/12/2017