- The California Association for Alcohol/Drug Educators is a 501(C)3 California not-for-profit organization incorporated in 1985. CAADE is a 501(C)3 non-profit organization. Federal Tax ID #77-0045316
- CAADE is responsible for accrediting 40+ Community College and University Alcohol and Other Drugs Certificate Programs in California, Nevada, and Arizona.
- CAADE developed and Administers the Certified Addictions Treatment Counselor (CATC) Exam, a nationally accredited exam required for CAADE Certification as a Certified Addictions Treatment Counselor. The CATC exam is available year-round by computer based testing offered at convenient locations in all 50 states.
- CAADE has 3,000+ Registered Members.
- CAADE has 2,000 Certified Addiction Treatment Counselors (CATCs). CATCs must pass a nationally-recognized examination after earning certificates and/or degrees from CAADE accredited Addiction Studies programs in regionally accredited colleges/universities.
- The CAADE Certified Addictions Treatment Counselor credential (CATC) IS ACCREDITED BY The National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
- California state law requires ALL employees and interns of Alcohol and Other Drugs Facilities to register with a state certifying body. CAADE Registrations are valid for one year, and can be renewed annually.
- CAADE accredits Addiction Studies Certificate Programs in some 40 Community Colleges and Universities in California, Nevada, and Arizona, and is the only certifying body in California that requires college education for all of their counselors.
- CAADE developed and maintains the GUIDELINES FOR ALCOHOL/DRUG STUDIES PROGRAMS WITHIN HIGHER EDUCATION. The Guidelines Manual was funded by grants from the California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs and is the State's official curriculum standard for Addiction Studies programs in California.
Click on the Google Widget below to call CAADE's office directly: